Syracuse, New York Climate & Temperature
- Syracuse, New York, Usa is at 43°7'N, 76°6'W, 124 m (407 ft). See map.
- Syracuse, New York has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Syracuse, New York is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 8.5 degrees Celsius (47.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.6 °C (47.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0.5°C (32.8°F) on average falling to -8.4°C (16.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.1°C (55.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2°C (35.5°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.2°C (79.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.8°C (56.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.5°C (60°F) during the day and lows of 5.5°C (41.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 989 mm (38.9 inches) which is equivalent to 989 Litres/m² (24.26 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2254 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Syracuse, New York you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Syracuse, New York Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Syracuse, New York Climate Graph in Metric Units
Syracuse, New York Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Syracuse, New York, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kingston, On, Canada - 128.7 kms (80 miles) NNW
- Trenton, On, Canada - 159.3 kms (99 miles) NW
- Oswego, Ny, Usa - 49.3 kms (30.7 miles) NW
- Brockport W, Ny, Usa - 148.2 kms (92.1 miles) W
- Rochester/ Rochester-Monroe, Ny, Usa - 125.8 kms (78.2 miles) W
- Hemlock, Ny, Usa - 153.6 kms (95.4 miles) W
- Cortland, Ny, Usa - 58.8 kms (36.5 miles) S
- Ithaca Cornell Un, Ny, Usa - 81.3 kms (50.5 miles) SSW
- Elmira, Ny, Usa - 124.2 kms (77.2 miles) SSW
- Towandaese, Pa, Usa - 152.4 kms (94.7 miles) S
- Watertown, Ny, Usa - 98.7 kms (61.3 miles) N
- Lowville, Ny, Usa - 90 kms (55.9 miles) NE
- Gloversville, Ny, Usa - 144.2 kms (89.6 miles) E
- Cooperstown, Ny, Usa - 91.6 kms (56.9 miles) E
- Binghamton/ Edwinlink Field, Ny, Usa - 100.7 kms (62.6 miles) S