Syracuse, New York Climate & Temperature
- Syracuse, New York, Usa is at 43°7'N, 76°6'W, 124 m (407 ft). See map.
- Syracuse, New York has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Syracuse, New York is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 8.5 degrees Celsius (47.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.6 °C (47.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0.5°C (32.8°F) on average falling to -8.4°C (16.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.1°C (55.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2°C (35.5°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.2°C (79.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.8°C (56.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.5°C (60°F) during the day and lows of 5.5°C (41.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 989 mm (38.9 inches) which is equivalent to 989 Litres/m² (24.26 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2254 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Syracuse, New York you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Syracuse, New York, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kingston, On, Canada - 128.7 kms (80 miles) NNW
- Trenton, On, Canada - 159.3 kms (99 miles) NW
- Oswego, Ny, Usa - 49.3 kms (30.7 miles) NW
- Brockport W, Ny, Usa - 148.2 kms (92.1 miles) W
- Rochester/ Rochester-Monroe, Ny, Usa - 125.8 kms (78.2 miles) W
- Hemlock, Ny, Usa - 153.6 kms (95.4 miles) W
- Cortland, Ny, Usa - 58.8 kms (36.5 miles) S
- Ithaca Cornell Un, Ny, Usa - 81.3 kms (50.5 miles) SSW
- Elmira, Ny, Usa - 124.2 kms (77.2 miles) SSW
- Towandaese, Pa, Usa - 152.4 kms (94.7 miles) S
- Watertown, Ny, Usa - 98.7 kms (61.3 miles) N
- Lowville, Ny, Usa - 90 kms (55.9 miles) NE
- Gloversville, Ny, Usa - 144.2 kms (89.6 miles) E
- Cooperstown, Ny, Usa - 91.6 kms (56.9 miles) E
- Binghamton/ Edwinlink Field, Ny, Usa - 100.7 kms (62.6 miles) S